Did I choose to love?

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Was it everything you wanted to find, and then you missed me while you were looking for yourself out there?

This is sort of in response to Sarah's latest post. Or in support of Sarah's latest post.

When I was growing up, I was convinced that I was going to go to Yale. I don't know why. Maybe it was my fascination with Boy Meets World. But there was no doubt in my mind that I could do it.

I was over ambitious. Of course. All kids are. But, looking back on it, I was pretty darn close to having the best marks in my high school. I had extra-curriculars coming out of my ears. And my vice-principal wrote me a letter of reference to kill for. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm bragging, but I'm really just trying to use some logic.

Who knows what could have happened?

I tell myself every day, I would never have found time to write the SATs. A good point. I could never affoard to go to school in the States (though I've since heard that Ivy League schools pretty much pay for you if you're accepted). I feel dumb at MUN sometimes; I'd die at a fancy school. And I could never survive living that far away from home. Everything that means anything to me is in Newfoundland. If something bad ever happened, and I went away to a better school, I'd regret it.




If something bad never happens, and I didn't go to the best school that I could, I'll regret it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe that's why we think we're going to die.

We can't envision our lives past a certain point here because this isn't where we're supposed to be.

We should be seeing our lives elsewhere.

1:38 PM

 
Blogger Allison said...

I am glad you did not go to Yale. What would life be like?


I miss you sister.

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home